Tuesday 6 April 2021

10 year journal

What would I be doing 10 years from now? What is my ideal lifestyle in 10 years? What can I do now so that I can achieve what I hope my life would turn out. I know life is unpredictable and we never know what would happen tomorrow or whether we would still be alive in 10 years. 

I asked myself, what is my biggest fear for my future? My answer is my HEALTH. I am worry I wouldn't be  healthy enough to work, I am worry I would get some sickness or cancer that I wouldn't able to take care of myself and need help from others. I am worry I haven't save enough money to pay my hospital bill (although I have medical insurance). Ya...My biggest fear is my Health

Another fear that I would have is my business wouldn't be able to sustain due to lack of clients. So how much money need to be save so that I wouldn't run into financial deficiency. How much money I need in order to retired? 

From now on I want to use this blog to record some of my though about my future so that I can refer it back in 10 years times. Below is the 5 benefits of having a 10 year journal.

5 Benefits of Having a 10-Year Journal 

1) Can be used to record changes in the family over time, such as a child growing up. 

2) Good for keeping track of personal goals, like starting a business. 

3) Can be used to record memorable events. 

4) Helps organize thoughts and information. 

5) Lets you see changes in yourself over time.

Second, I want to talk about my goals and the kind of lifestyle that I wish I can have. Being alone definitely is the future I need to face, so what can I do that make my alone time interesting? I am planning to renovate my current house and even have a floor plan for it already. 

Above is my initial plan for the renovation. But that are a lot of details need to be decide. For downstairs, the biggest changes would be demolish the window wall of the dry kitchen and make it to the ceiling to floor french window. For the laundry room, the wall would build up to the current area to make it into indoor. As for the patio, would also wall it up to make it to the Home theater. Another major changes would be the roof part. From the living room to the car porch area all the ceiling part need to be change. The entrance to the living room would extend 4 ft more. 

Another major renovate ideas would be changing all living room ceiling to make it higher. But this part I can't decide whether to do it or not because it initially not within my plan. But I think to make the ceiling higher would definitely make the room to look a lot different. In order to do it I might need to cut somewhere else in order to fit into my budget. Still thinking...not finalise yet.

Another renovation ideas is the pantry and dishware cabinet, this part relate to whether I want to extend upper stair and roof. 
For the upstair plan, not much changes to the layout, all remain the same structure except for the Master bedroom and Bedroom #4 which I wish to add in a bathroom to it. So that Every room has their own bathroom. The original bathroom that is outside of the Bedroom #3 would turn into a walk in entrance to Bedroom #2 and Bedroom #3. Both entrance to the room would move to this area. 

Again how far would I extend the room to make it to the en suite for Master room haven't been decide yet. And because of the 2 extra bathroom, I need to have another sewer installed to the front of the house. 

Seem like it is going to be a big project and going to spend a lot of money. Although It excite me to just think about the new layout for the house, but from all the experience from all previous home renovate owner, they would said home renovate would be a nightmare.

Because there are a lot of things to consider and decide and would run into a lot of problem with contractor.  Well, for now I just want to record my though here. My mindset definitely would change over time. 

Looking back at this blog, I have secretly kept this blog for 10 years now.  Oh my my..  this is so amazing...... I have secretly keep it for 10 years time!! Although I didn't update as much and have 2 years missing from this blog (2015 & 2016), But it is good to look back my old posts and knowing how did I felt last time. 

Of course from 2010-2014, all the posts related to Jo. Well, I started this blog because of him, so definitely most of the post was about him. I was sad and depressed, I was so struggled about my thought and reality. I thought God would bring us together and be husband and wife. I though I heard a voice from God promised me He would give Jo to me as my life partner. I was wrong, so wrong.
Now looking back 10 years ago, I am great I am no longer in that feeling. I am not longer miss him. I am no longer want to spend the rest of my life with him. 

I hope I can continue this blog for another 10 years from 2021-2030.  Or I might move this blog to a proper blog so that I can continue it forever. Thank you Blogger to provide this platform for us to record down our memories and have a place for us to keep our memories.  Thank you!!







 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment