Thursday 4 April 2019

Galatians 5:18

Yesterday in the usual church services, the Scripture for the sermon was taken from Galatians 5: 14-26. I have been caught by one of the particular scripture, that's scripture 5:18,

       " But if you are lead by the spirit you are not under law"

It specially caught my attention strongly related to my recent desire of connecting to Holy Spirit. I am struggling with my life of making decision for my future. However I am pretty sure I can't make this decision with my limited knowledge about what would happen to me in the near future and I am sure I wouldn't make a best decision without the help and lead from my Lord,  my caring and faithful Lord.


I have been praying for years about this decision and I keep repeating the same things in my every prayer
         " Lead me, Lord, Thee Your will be done in me"

About 3 years ago, When I was so hopeless and helpless in my life, again, struggling to make the RIGHT decision for my future, I hear a voice............


Yes, a clear voice talking to my heart when I prayed, answering my questions, explaining what I have doubted....comforting me when I cried so hard and when I have acted like a lunatic. The voice must come from my Lord, through Holy spirit, telling me what I should do in His will for me.

After 3 years, I am still waiting for My Lord to finish what He has promised me. Although almost every single night, on my bed, I am still so lost and always doubt about what I have heard all these times. I have cried hard, I have screamed hard, I have prayed hard, just want to hear His voice. And His voice never creased to comfort me and keep me in faith and hope. Thanks You Lord. I know You have a greater plan than I prayed to You.

Ok, back to the scripture that was caught my attention. Galatians 5:18 is saying If you are lead by spirit, you are NOT under law. First thing come to my mind when I read this scripture is that "is it mean If I am lead by the holy spirit, I can only listen to what He has told me, even though the things that He has promised me seems to against His law.

I am talking about divorce. God hates divorce. I have searched around the issue about God's perspective on divorce. Unfortunately I still can't find my answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment